WordPress web site training
This event has now expired. If you wish to read a review of the course by one of the participants please do so here: How to build your own website.
This training is for delegates who want to create a news-based website using the popular and FREE WordPress software. It will be a one-day course at UCA Farnham.
During the session, delegates will learn:
- How to install WordPress live online in a web hosting environment,
- The WordPress ‘dashboard’ – how the ‘back end’ editing system works,
- How to create content – text, images and video,
- How to categorise and organise their content – and why this is important,
- How to build simple navigation menus,
- How to customise the look and feel of their site.
Everyone will get the chance to create a live website. And, by the end of the session, participants should be capable of buying a website address and hosting space; and of setting up their own web site if they want to do so.
- Simple steps to buying a domain name and renting hosting space,
- Thinking security – basic advice on keeping your web site secure.
The WordPress website training course will run from 10-6pm (with an hour for lunch) on June 26, 2012, at UCA Farnham. We will meet in the main reception area before the seminar starts.
Journalism Media Centre
UCA Farnham, Surrey GU9 7DS
£30 Institute members, £60 non-members. This includes refreshments.
The cost of this course has been subsidised by assistance from the Journalists’ Copyright Fund.
For more details and to book, please contact Diane at Head Office on 020 7252 1187.
A second, follow-up, seminar “SEO, marketing and monetization” will be held in August.