EU’s Health Prize for journalists
Deadline: 31 July 2012
On 3rd May 2012 the 4th edition of the EU Health Prize for Journalists was launched by the European Commissioner for Health and Consumers, John Dalli.
Articles written on health topics by journalists, published between 25/07/2011 and 31/07/2012 can be submitted via the EU’s Health Prize website: http://ec.europa.eu/health-eu/journalist_prize
The submission deadline is 31/07/2012. The rules and conditions and further information are available via the homepgage.
The Medical Journalists’ Association (MJA) Summer Awards are now open to all health/science/medical journalists.
Up to three pieces of work may be submitted for the following categories:
- Freelance journalist of the year (consumer press, print or online) £500
- Freelance journalist of the year (B2B/professional press, print or online) £500
- Staff journalist of the year (consumer press, print or online) £500
- Staff journalist of the year (B2B/professional press, print or online) £500
- Broadcaster of the year (staff or freelance) £500
- Best use of journalistic skills (for an NHS body, health/medical charity, think tank or commercial organisation; print or online) £500
- Medical/health website of the year (supportive evidence, such as increased traffic/new developments/visitor feedback must be supplied) trophy
- Publication of the year (supportive evidence, such as increase in readership/innovation/successful campaign/increased media profile, must be supplied) trophy
Items must have been published/broadcast between 1 May 2011 and 30 April 2012.
Closing date: Friday May 25; awards ceremony Tuesday July 10 at the Royal Society of Medicine, London.
Further information and entry forms: www.mjaawards.com
One World Media Awards recognise outstanding media coverage of the developing world.
There are 13 categories of awards which cover all types of media including television, radio, print and online.
The deadline for entries has been set for 7 February with the 23rd annual award ceremony, hosted by Jon Snow, taking place in May.
Details about how you may enter can be found here.